Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jet Airways short changing on miles redemption

I collected miles to use when I want to travel with the family overseas because that's what it means - you are a member of XYZ airline scheme and you can use it on that airline for travel anyplace. They may charge you for the tax over the miles - fair enough as they have to pay cash for that too. 

Well, today I got a rude shock when I wanted to redeem miles to buy a ticket online at jetairways.com - mind you this is not the first time I have been shocked by the crap doled out in the name of service or "small type" by silly customer service agents. 

In any case there is no choice but to lie back and enjoy the crap so one just plods along in life generally grumpy at the monopolistic attitude of these "big" guys. BTW I have recently been given some bad shit at one of the Tata companies too but that's another story.

To come to Jet Airways ... I have about 18k miles and am shopping for a good fare from Mumbai - Dubai in February. So I checked Jet for a cash fare and a mileage redemption fare and this is what I get:

Pay cash Rs. 19639 - BOM/DXB/BOM for Feb 10 / Feb 17
If you want to redeem you have to pay:

Miles: 30,000
PLUS Cash Rs. 16,069

The BS explanation given to me was that because international flights have a higher tax incidence that's why the mileage is high. Hahahahhahahahahahhahahhaha I could die laughing (or crying).

So Mr Goyal / Jet Airways is trying to tell me to give them 30,000 miles plus Rs. 16K for the same product they are selling at Rs. 19K.  Now actually they sell miles @ Rs.1.25 each which means that I am being asked to spend Rs. 32,750 + Rs. 16,069 for the same ticket which they are selling at 19.6k.

Wow ! I wonder how many suckers they have been able to get till date. 

No wonder Miles and More have not signed up any partners in India what with such short changing practices. I have another account with another airline and that is no better :)

Like I said - lie back and enjoy the ra#e.

No comments:

Post a Comment