Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Love, Cricket aur Danda

It is about love and cricket and the danda.

A story straight out of my childhood - there was this cut lady who i was trying to impress and she came to the school cricket match. I wanted (badly) to be the star of the game and told the captain to make sure that I was the opening batsman.

We lost the toss and were the fielding side. I was not asked to bowl and did not have much of a chance to do any eye-catching fielding too. The twenty overs were done and we went in to bat - and the captain did not send me to open ! Was I hopping mad, especially when he knew about my budding love story. And neither did I get to bat, because the second man to bat knocked up a good score and we won.

Well by the time the match ended, my love was tired and decided to go back home without any kind words.

She left and I had a fight with the captain and we got hauled by the principal who gave us both a good whack on our backsides with his danda (cane)

Love, cricket don't mix... and a danda does follow :)
................. over the past few days we are seeing this happening in India too. The difference is that there are big bucks involved and these guys are fighting on trying to get a bigger share.

Greed really knows no bounds - like these guys have raked in a few thousand crores already here and they are fighting over small change. And thank God this has attracted attention and now (hopefully) they will pay for their shenanigans with their resignations.

They can then go back to Rajasthan, UN, Kerala or Dubai for that matter and come back quietly later.

Governance, ethics, good manners, public responsibility, accountability .. what !! Alien words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment